In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, strict protocols regarding access and operation are currently in place. We appreciate that food security is important during this challenging period of time.
As regional Victoria is now back in Level 3 restrictions, please be aware that the community garden must return to Level 3 protocols.
Until further notice, entry to the garden is conditional on complying with the following hygiene protocols to minimise the risks associated with using the garden. It is critical that these protocols are followed to ensure continued access to the garden.
If you choose to enter the garden, you will be doing so at your own risk.
TO ENTER THE GARDEN, YOU MUST:
- Not enter if you are unwell
- Not enter if under quarantine, infected or awaiting test results for COVID-19
- Wear a mask at all times when visiting the garden, as required by the Department of Health
- Wear gloves prior to entry and until after exiting the garden
- Provide all your own tools, including watering cans (community garden tools have been locked away)
- Only tend to your own plot unless arrangements have been made with a committee member
- Please note that the toilet, tool shed and storage shed are locked and must not be opened
- Children are permitted into the garden, however they must be strictly supervised by a guardian and maintain social distance from other garden members at all times
- You must strictly observe social distancing and any other government directives
The garden is accessible via the gates on both the Terrace and Parade, and if you are not yet aware of the new key code please contact Fiona Cadorel on 0426285503.
If you are unable to attend the garden due to age or infirmity, please let the Committee know as some members have volunteered to help maintain member’s garden plots and to deliver produce to the owner’s front door during this isolation period.
A reminder that members are also allowed to harvest a small share of produce from the community plots 43 and 44 and garden borders.
We look forward to the day when we can join for community events in the Community Garden. In the meantime, look after each other and stay safe.
Ocean Grove Community Garden Committee