Our Vision is that the Community Garden Ocean Grove is a place where citizens of all abilities will build friendships and promote health, well being and sustainability.
Our Mission is that the garden will be a welcoming outdoor community place where the focus is on people, sustainable organic gardening, learning, teaching and healthy food choices.
Our Values are to be honest, inclusive, innovative, enthusiastic, and fair.
To achieve our Vision and Mission we will:
- encourage garden members to set and achieve their goals
- allow members to participate in decision making and to consider the social and community impacts of the decision
- work with and through others committed to building healthy and active communities
- develop partnerships and networks with government, community, public and private sector
- focus on the sustainability of programs and initiatives over the longer term
- act in a non-partisan way at all times
- act against discrimination – treating everyone as “equal” and with respect
- be well governed, effectively managed and a sustainable not-for-profit community organization.
Our Community Garden will:
- promote exercise and enjoyment of the outdoors
- provide relaxation and alleviate stress through personal and group endeavors
- connect people in our neighborhood
- encourage inter-generational and inter-cultural interactions and learning.
- enable access to fresh nutritious food
- offset greenhouse emissions by decreasing food miles
- provide a means of action locally on global issues.