We have had a great start to the year. Here are just a few highlights from February!
- We had a successful working bee held on the 15th, with a great tidy-up, our new sign went up, and compost bay construction got underway
- Paving in our shelter was completed — with thanks to Jim and Kerrie Ricchini for construction and design, respectively
- Successful attendance at the Bellarine Community Farmer’s Market on 21st – and many thanks to all who donated spare produce from their gardens. We made $50 towards our operating costs.
- Successful pot-luck dinner, followed by Tim Silverwood presentation on 21st. This was a great collaboration with other local groups; and 2 new members & plot holders joined the Garden, plus a couple more potential members took away information.
- Our February garden notes were published, and more than 50 people have accessed them! Thanks to Viv Kershaw for providing these each month
- Our social networks are still growing, with more than 120 ‘likes’ for our Facebook page and lots of interest in our posts.
Thanks to everyone for your contributions to and ongoing interest in the Garden!