A quick reminder about the planned Community Garden working bee for this coming Sunday 28th September, from 10 am to noon.
It is shaping up to be a fine, but possibly windy day! So don’t forget sunscreen etc. We’ve got a range of tasks to undertake (see below) and the team from the Springdale Neighbourhood Community Garden at Drysdale will be dropping by later in the morning to visit and find out about our Garden. Hoping that we can fire up the wood oven for lunchtime pizza (although the experts are away …), and all are welcome to come along for a bite to eat and a catch-up.
Work to be done includes:
- The last few plots to build, position and begin to fill
- Transplanting self-sown lettuce and parsley seedlings to a shared bed.
- Leveling the gravel and surfaces around the shelter and toilet – ready for paving
- Weeding and general maintenance, and possibly re-mulching all the paths etc.
Tools and expertise required:
- We may not have access to power, so if you’ve got battery charged drills, plus drill bits, please bring them along.
- We need to prepare the area under the new shelter for paving, so anyone with paving skills would be very welcome!
- And we have a range of donated pavers of various shapes and sizes, so people with creative skills could help with planning out a paving design to make use of all the different colours and sizes!
And of course all willing helpers, with some time and energy to spare! Please bring your own gardening gloves, and sun/wind protection. We have a range of tools on site, but additional wheelbarrows are always useful.